Thursday, September 29, 2011

A LOVE STORY


We walked hand in hand in the gardens of my childhood.
Our laughter was a beautiful melody which echoed in my heart.
The sun cheerfully gazed as we chased the butterflies in the meadow,
When night came, we counted the stars illuminating in the dark.
I sweetly bloomed in my youth, flourished as years passed by,
The gladness in your loving eyes tenderly touched my soul.

One day I started to drift away from your fountain of love.
I trudged the drenched, narrow pavements on my own.
Lying lips wickedly murmured of bright lights approaching my way.
Believing blindly, I kept on walking with no trace of your memory.
The leaves shed tears as they silently fell from the dying branches.
Flowers withered, grass mourned, melancholy settled in the field.

A faint call, I thought I heard, but I went on where the rock strewn roads lead me.
Never looking back, I stumbled; I fell and stood up high and mighty.
In my triumph, the bells rang; trampled and conquered, silence was deafening.
The call was louder, but I pretended not to hear even a soft hum.
Then it was gone. There I was, alone, but this time searching for the light.
And I saw nothing. I felt nothing. I heard nothing.

I cried loud when despair swathed the very core of my heart.
Slowly, I started falling from a sea cliff while the waves waited to ravage me.
And tears fell for I knew no one was there to save me from its wrath.
Felt my bones crushed to pieces as the angry sea devoured me
No one saw the pain in my eyes when iniquity consumed my body.
Oblivion roguishly waited for the demise of the last breath of hope.

My lips whispered your name again with so much love and humbly
Surrendered whatever means for the rhythm of life to go on with its flow.
Then a streak of brightness pierced through the dark waters,
I heard a familiar voice beckoning me, guiding me to the light.
I felt a gentle hand lifting me from the malevolent abyss.
I saw you mercifully saving me from the brink of inopportune death.

You held my hand and brought me back to the garden where we once played.
The sun shone brilliantly and the trees eagerly greeted me with astounding joy.
The wings of butterflies glistened and flowers blossomed  with each step I took,
The warmth of your embrace gave me peace I yearned for a long time.
How I missed you holding me sweetly in your arms with overflowing love
Leaning my head to where your heart is, I heard you say,

“I blew a kiss in the wind to dry your feet in the sodden streets, you did not feel it.
I wanted you to remember me so I called you, but you did not listen.
I held you up when you stumbled but you insisted on ignoring my presence.
I patiently waited for you to say my name when you struggled for your life.
My heart leaped with happiness when at last, I heard you calling me.
But even if you did not, I would still reach out for you because you are my beloved.”

 
“Let me be the sun to brighten your day, your wings so you can fly.
Let me be the candle in your darkest hours, the light unto your path at night.
Let me be the smile on your face, your voice in victory, your frustration in defeat.
Let me be your tears when you grieve, your strength in moments of weakness.
Let me be your shield in the battlefield, your safe haven when rainstorm comes.
Do not forget, you are my child and I love you. Let go and let me.”





Penelope Felisarta Villabert
Copyright (C) 2011
September 29, 2011 
10:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment