Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bravery


I thought I would only find bravery in the
hearts of men who fight for their country.
I thought I would only find bravery in the
hearts of men who defend life.
I thought one can see bravery in the strength
of men who protect the weak.
I thought one can see bravery in men
who serve for peace and humanity.
But there is one bravery I now see.
Bravery in the heart of a mother who lost
her sons and daughters.
Bravery in every tear of pain that fell
praying to hold them again.
Bravery each time she looks at her hands
that once rocked their cradles.
Bravery in her soul full of faith remembering
God hears her cry and justice will come.

( Dedicated to all mothers who lost their sons and daughters during 9/11, first posted on FB on Friday, October 9. 2009 at 9:12 am)

Penelope Felisarta Villabert
Copyright (C) 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment