Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fulfillment in Life

(This was first posted on my Friendster blog on Oct. 3, 2008)

       My husband and I are excited with the new house we are building and so proud of our three adorable and funny kids. Aside from perfecting their swimming strokes, my daughter Schin and son Tim are also into music. Schin is taking violin lessons while Tim plays guitar. My eldest daughter plays the piano. My husband plays the piano and guitar. What about me? I don’t play any musical instrument but I told them that we might have a band soon and they can have me as their soloist. I told my children that there is one important thing for them to be fulfilled.. In their lifetime, they have to dedicate themselves…. in keeping the love in the family alive, helping the community, training in one sport they really like, developing special talents which will benefit others and inspiring others to do good and be the best they can be… Whew..tough act to do but we only have one life to live. If we treasure and make the most of each moment we are given then chances are we can make it. Because it’s true, what we do today determines how fulfilled we will be in our golden years. Wouldn’t it be great if someday when we look back and trace every single memory in our lives we can say to ourselves – “I lived the life I wanted to live and I feel very fulfilled.”

No comments:

Post a Comment