Friday, September 9, 2011

Irish Waves

The Irish waves are whispering softly to my ear,
“Take a journey by my side, I will bring you to a path
leading you to a place where the green grass grow,
as far as your imagination can go.”

My heart beats faster as I begin to see
the emerald isle beckoning me to laze in the meadow
on the bed of shining gorse and dandelion, the serenity
of forget-me- not October brings.

The Irish waves are telling me to take the road

to where the cliffs beautifully rest in Clare, and rising
above the enormous blue waters while O’Brien silently
gaze upon each splatter the wave makes beneath.

The moment takes my breath away and then I hear it say,
“The chilling wind may want you to look for warmth
but wait till the sun awakes and bring you to Dun Aengus
rising above the precipice for thousands of years.”

I feel like going back to a time and place
so strange as I listen to the story of the fort and the mystery
and the tales Seanachai speak of, the Gaulish gods,
mischievous leprechauns and the gentle merrows.

The Irish waves are singing to my heart
“Listen to us and the melody we bring. Does it not
comfort you, offer you tranquility and bliss? Stay.”
I close my eyes and hear my soft voice saying, “ Yes, I will.”


Penelope Villabert

October 9, 2009
Copyright (C) 2009




First posted on Facebook - Friday, October 9, 2009 at 3:25pm

No comments:

Post a Comment